Thursday, November 15, 2007

Quick Update

Not too much has been happening, but I thought I'd post something so you didn't think I've forgotten about my blog:)

The barn hasn't changed much. We're still waiting for the tin for the roof. Once that's here and installed, more progress will be made.

We will be heading to Abilene on Saturday for the District 4-H Food Show. I'll let you know how that goes. We'll be cooking for that Friday night and leaving fairly early in the morning.

This past weekend we went to our first Mason Puncher football game. They lost to Blanco, unfortunately, but we were mostly there to work at the concession stand anyway so we didn't really see much of the game. Parents of kids in band get the privilege of working at least once at the concession stand since the money from it goes to the Band Boosters. I was in charge of Nachos (pretty sure I'll never eat those again), John made popcorn and the kids passed out sodas.... well most of the time anyway, they did manage to sneak out and hang out with their friends a few times.

Saturday we made a lot of work for ourselves and took on the task of cleaning, organizing and rearranging Ashlyn's room. It was draining, but we were all happy with the nice clean room we ended up with. Hopefully it stays that way for awhile (yeah right!). Now we need to do Colten's room again!

The kids get to have off from school all next week since they've been doing good in their classes. I guess some kids still have to go Mon-Wed if they didn't pass all their TAKS test the first time or didn't do well on benchmarking or had unfinished work to do. They're really looking forward to it!

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to let you know that I love reading your blog. It is so fun to hear what you all are up to and seeing all the great pics of the kiddos. Cannot wait to see you all soon for the holidays.

    Love, Amanda & Jimmy

    ReplyDelete