Ashlyn's fourth basketball game was this past weekend... and oh what a difference a week makes! The game before, Ashlyn hardly got to play at all, so afterwards I asked the coach what she needed to work on so that she could play more. After all, this program is supposed to be so the kids learn about basketball and have fun, and she's doing neither sitting on the bench. The coach said she needed to pay more attention, so we've been grilling her about that ever since. Ashlyn was sure the coach was just mad that Ashlyn accidentally hit her in the mouth with her elbow during practice, but who knows? Anyway, this time she got to play much more and she was actually being pretty aggressive and even got kinda hurt going after the ball (she just landed hard on her knee, but was fine for the next quarter). She made a basket and tried stealing the ball a few times. There's hope for her yet! Their last game is this weekend, so hopefully she keeps up the hard work!
side note: Mom has a picture from Ashlyn's game on her blog (I didn't bring my camera) as well as a picture of Colten & Dad with all the fish they caught this weekend.
Colten will be starting baseball soon. This year he'll be in machine-pitch instead of T-Ball, so it should be interesting. John got persuaded to be an assistant coach this year, but he was happier with that than being the head coach (which they were originally after him to do).
Next week is Spring Break and I'm hoping to take the kids to see Rena in Galveston for a few days, if she's not working. I hope it works out, but if not, I'll at least take a couple of days off to hang out with the kids and do some fun stuff. That'll be a nice break for me too!
No comments:
Post a Comment