We had an event filled Memorial Day weekend and were all pooped out afterward even though it was fun and somewhat relaxing. Colten finally got to have a friend over to spend the night Friday night and he was soooo excited. I made him call his friend to invite him over and had to follow him around the house while he was on the phone to make sure he wasn't forgetting anything. He walked back and forth from the living room to the kitchen just yakking away. Just like his daddy... can't sit still on the phone! I let them stay up until 10 playing the Wii hoping they would sleep late in the morning (ha!). It took awhile for them to get situated, but the two boys ended up sleeping in the same twin bed, Colten with his head at the top of the bed and Jason in the middle, sharing a blanket.... too cute! Of course my ploy to get them to sleep late didn't work and they were bright-eyed and bushy-tailed at 6:30 am ready for some more video games. Thankfully I could sleep through that :)
Saturday morning was the usual laundry/clean-up time and I kicked the kids outside to play for awhile. Colten's friend left after lunch and then we went to a bbq/skeet shoot that one of the other coaches on Colten's baseball team invited us to. It was us and three other couples and tons of kids and was lots of fun. I shot a few times and was surprised with my aim (I hit 4/5). I got a lovely bruise on my shoulder for my effort :)
Sunday we had lunch and spent the afternoon at Oma Reeh's for Mother's/Father's Day and had a great time catching up with the family.
Monday was a pretty lazy day. Colten wanted to try some target shooting with the BB gun and later in the afternoon we went to a neighbor's to do some fishing and grilling. All in all, a good long weekend!
Tomorrow is the last day of the school year (then we'll have a 2nd grader and a 7th grader... YIKES!!!!). They had a great year and both got recognized for all A's all year long (I'm just a little bit proud of them!). Mom will be picking the kids up after school to take them camping for a week. They're really looking forward to it and so are we.... finally John & I get to play the Wii!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment