Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Summertime!!

Last week, I took one of my mandatory unpaid weeks off (YAY recession) for this year and was able to go with Colten on his rescheduled field trip to Longhorn caverns. It was also the last day of school Wed - both kids ended the school year on the A-B honor roll with only one B each the entire year! I was happy for them, but of course they were bummed that just the one B kept them off the A honor roll. The kids are now out camping with Omie & Opie at Lake Brownwood and we're working on the bathrooms. We decided we might as well bite the bullet and get it done while we had the money saved up for it and since the kids would be gone and we were able to get some help for that week. I'll post pics when they're done. I'm looking forward to the new floors the most!

Here's a link to pics from Colten's field trip:
Colten's 2nd Grade Field Trip


The kids were asked to help out for youth Sunday at the Hilda Methodist Church since one family with 5 kids wasn't going to be there. They were excited to help and I was so proud of both of them for helping out in a church that they weren't very familiar with. Colten helped hand out bulletins and light candles and Ashlyn played her trumpet with Jayde and read some passages out of the bible. They also both helped sing songs and do the bell choir. They thought it was fun and that church should always be youth Sunday. :) One of the members sent me some pics she took during the service, so I thought I'd share them:

Ashlyn & Jayde playing "This is the Day":


Colten helping to light candles in the background:


Ashlyn reading:


Singing and motions to a song (don't remember the name):

2 comments:

  1. I am so proud of Ashlyn and Colton...GREAT GRADES!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'll let them know. Congrats on your blogiversary :)

    ReplyDelete