Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Quick Update

Things have been kinda crazy around here lately, but here's a quick update.

Judy came for a visit this past weekend and we enjoyed seeing her. We attempted to climb Enchanted Rock with her Sunday, but the rain forced us to turn around before making it all the way to the top. We still got some good exercise in though!

Ashlyn had her first game Monday - a scrimmage against Llano. They were divided into A & B teams for this game only since most schools Mason plays against don't have enough for two teams. She played on the B team and I was impressed with how much she had improved since last year. She plays point guard and made some pretty good plays and even was involved in some fouls which means she's finally getting aggressive! They were winning the entire game until the last 19 seconds when the other team scored and beat them by 1 point :( Oh well it was fun to watch!

Monday was a crazy day though. I worked in Austin so I left the house at 6am and John was going to be cooking hotdogs for the cubscouts at 6pm after taking Judy to the airport in SA that day and then had to be at a DVFD meeting at 7:30p. I had to come from Austin and pick Colten up from cubscouts after helping clean up from hot dogs and grabbing a few for Ashlyn and then went to the gym to watch Ashlyn's game which didn't start until 8:30pm. We were all exhausted by the time we got home a little before 10... whew...

Today I'm taking the afternoon off to help with distributing popcorn for the cub scouts. John picked it up Saturday morning and barely had enough room in his truck to bring it all home. Our pack did some serious selling - we had the biggest stack of boxes out of the packs in the Hill Country District! I just hope I got all the orders right.

No comments:

Post a Comment