So this was one for the books with the cold weather. We took the pigs in and washed them Wed evening to avoid driving them or washing them after the cold front arrived. They were not happy with the cold and didn't eat well while they were there and I don't blame them! We did end up buying heat lamps for them, which I think they appreciated. The kids were fascinated with the steaming poop and pee from the pigs that morning - as well as steaming pigs coming from getting washed (we didn't wash ours that morning - only spot cleaned). It was also so cold that my camera stopped working, darn it! Mom thankfully got a few pics with her camera while mine was warming up enough to work again. Definitely not used to that cold of weather!
Anyway, Colten placed 1st with his pig and was in the running for grand champion (woohoo!), and Ashlyn's didn't place. Hers were both in the same class so Colten had to show one for her. I think the pigs were just too cold to look good :)
Here are the kids bundled up before the show in the pig barn:
Here is Colten showing his:
And Ashlyn with hers (Colten is behind her):
Here's Colten with his 1st place ribbon (way to go Colten - we were all super excited!!)
And here's Colten with the judge (still the same pig):
This year, we're going to Kerrville, too, so we're not done yet! That show will be on the 22nd, so we have time to get Ashlyn's looking good hopefully! And I'm crossing my fingers that the weather will be better for this one.
Just wanted to note also that John & I found it interesting that weathermen mentioned several times that this weekend was the coldest it's been since Feb 1996 ;) Wonder who got married this time?
No comments:
Post a Comment