Cub Scouts
Our scouting year ended with the blue and gold banquet last night. John & I got everything ready for it and were ready to get it over with. Of course, Colten got of the bus with a headache, so John wasn't able to get there as early as he wanted, but thankfully Colten started to feel better and was all better by the time we ate. I was able to get everything decorated and organized mostly before he got there though. The banquet is when the boys get their patches and awards for the year and when the oldest boys cross over to boy scouts (Colten will be doing that next year). Everyone brings food and we celebrate another successful year (and now we only have one more year as leaders yay!). Colten got his Webelos badge, colors and several pins and also got an award for selling over $600 worth of popcorn.
Here's Colten getting his badge:
Here he is with the colors and pins on his shirt (under the flag) along with his badges.

This is a short week for the kids, their spring OFYP days are Thursday, Friday and Monday so they get to have a long weekend. I was hoping we might go camping at enchanted rock Thursday night, but I have a training session I have to call in to for work Friday morning so I guess we'll just try to go Friday afternoon. The kids are probably going to hang out with Omie B some, too. It's a nice break, I just wish they'd have it at the same time as Spring Break or a little further away. Oh well well take it!
No comments:
Post a Comment