Thursday, July 7, 2011

Mid-Summer Update

Can't believe how far behind I am on this, but it's been busy! Let me quickly catch you up:

Last weekend we celebrated Ashlyn's birthday twice! Friday night she had friends over and then Sunday we had family and friends over for fajitas. In between that we had bbq at 42 club and bbq at a friends for the 4th. Long weekend! We can't believe she's 15! John tried to get her her permit today (after we finally got the last formed signed), but when he grabbed the pile of papers he needed to bring along, her social security card fell off and so no permit yet. Maybe tomorrow. Then he gets to start teaching her how to drive, oh joy!

Here are some photos from Ashlyn's birthday parties: https://picasaweb.google.com/dlynnb/AshlynS15thBirthday?authuser=0&feat=directlink 
One funny thing, I made a 'dirt' cake for both parties and really freaked her friends out when I started digging into what looked like a potted plant after we sang happy birthday. She really thought there was something wrong with me. HAHAHAHA! Love to freak teenagers out :)

Colten went to Hermann Son's Camp a couple of weeks ago and had a great time. His favorite activities were Rocketry, Adventures in nature and Riflery. He made one good friend and asked many girls to dance at the camp dance.

I got a new car :) My old car had about 180000 miles on it and since we would be needing another vehicle eventually, we decided to keep it for Ashlyn and get me a new one. So now I am the proud owner of my very first new new car ever, a silver 2011 Chevy Equinox :)

I think that's about it on the big exciting things going on. One very sad thing is that my manager for the last 9 or so years passed away. He was only 50 years old and had pancreatic cancer. He has a 12 year old boy and a 9 year old girl. Please keep his family in your prayers. We are going to his memorial this weekend. I still can't believe he's gone. So far things are going OK with my new manager, I hope they stay that way. 


Also pray for rain! The beaver creek is no longer running across Loeffler Ln, sooooo sad!

No comments:

Post a Comment