Sunday, John cooked lots of yummy BBQ to celebrate my birthday a little early. Of course, we all ate too much and Sunday night my stomach complained a lot!!! It was hard to get up for the drive to Austin Monday morning, but I managed. Thought I'd post a pic of the sunset I caught on the way home. The one good thing about the drive to Austin is getting to watch the sun rise and set over the hills and the lake and the river. This is from the slab over the Llano River in Castell.
Tuesday, September 25, 2007
Fun & Games
We had a jam-packed weekend starting Friday evening. Colten had a friend over to play for awhile (he couldn't stay for a sleep over, though) and we had Hilda Community Club where it was joke night and I was impressed that Ashlyn wanted to go up and tell a joke in front of everyone. I didn't even want to do that. Way to go Ashlyn! Her friend Jayde came home with us after club and spent the night (not sure if they slept or not... I'm pretty sure I heard giggles and whispers all night). Saturday morning the kids played and I cleaned (yay!). They had some intricate games of Littlest Pet Shop going on.
This pic is from when they had them all in a conga line or something. It amazes me the games they come up with! Saturday afternoon I convinced my parents to wait for us so we could go take a boat ride with them at Sunrise Beach while John was gone to Cabela's with Noel. The kids really enjoyed getting wet!
It was a nice day to be on the water. On the way back, we just managed to catch the bats leaving a cave that's near a dirt road somewhere between the lake and my parents house (can't remember the name offhand). That was definitely a treat!
Sunday, John cooked lots of yummy BBQ to celebrate my birthday a little early. Of course, we all ate too much and Sunday night my stomach complained a lot!!! It was hard to get up for the drive to Austin Monday morning, but I managed. Thought I'd post a pic of the sunset I caught on the way home. The one good thing about the drive to Austin is getting to watch the sun rise and set over the hills and the lake and the river. This is from the slab over the Llano River in Castell.
Sunday, John cooked lots of yummy BBQ to celebrate my birthday a little early. Of course, we all ate too much and Sunday night my stomach complained a lot!!! It was hard to get up for the drive to Austin Monday morning, but I managed. Thought I'd post a pic of the sunset I caught on the way home. The one good thing about the drive to Austin is getting to watch the sun rise and set over the hills and the lake and the river. This is from the slab over the Llano River in Castell.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment