Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Colten's 7th Birthday

Colten turned 7 last week Wednesday and we had a small party for him this past Saturday. He wanted a "Surf's Up" party because he loves that movie, so I went online and ordered some plates, napkins, penguin squirt toy party favors and this cake topper set that looked really cute with a penguin, a surf board, palm trees and some other stuff. I received the package on Tuesday with most of the correct items, except that I had Surf's Up fruit snacks instead of a cake topper set. I was obviously upset about that since the party was Saturday, so I called the place I ordered it from and they assured me that they would get me the correct item by Friday. So I calmed down when I saw a package was delivered Friday. However, when I opened it up, low and behold, more fruit snacks!!!! ACK! I was pretty irked at that point, but they place was closed so I called them the next morning and told them they needed to figure out their problem with fruit snacks and cake toppers and got my money back. Now I needed to improvise to decorate the cake, so I took one of the penguin squirt toys and some palm trees toys that Ashlyn had and did the best I could. I couldn't find anything to replace the surf board, unfortunately, but I guess it turned out alright.
The party went pretty well, I just had to follow the boys around to make sure they didn't break anything. A few of Colten's toys bit the dust, unfortunately, but he was excited about his new stuff and having friends over, so he got over it pretty quickly. I'm pretty sure it'll be awhile before I have more than 1 of Colten's friends over at a time again, however. That was a little too crazy for me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment