Wednesday, January 9, 2008

New Year, finally an update!

Hope everyone had a good holiday. I'm back at work again after having two weeks off... I could really get used to that! We had a pretty good holiday except for the fact that John ended up with pneumonia, but he's better now and life is back to normal again.

The Mason County Stockshow was this past weekend and the kids each showed a pig in it. Ashlyn got 1st place with her pig and was in the running for Grand Champion, which she didn't get, but that's fine, too. Colten's pig, which we thought was the better one of the two, didn't place at all, and Colten was pretty upset about that. We told him he couldn't do anything about the fact that the judge didn't like his pig and we'd just try again next year and maybe have better luck. Hopefully we do! Anyway, I was proud of both of them and we're glad to not have to remind them to feed piggies anymore!

Here are some photos of the kiddos showing their pigs:

No comments:

Post a Comment