Since John had planned to go fishing with Noel in Port Aransas this past weekend, I had planned a few fun things to do with the kids, but alas, it all went awry. Thursday evening, Colten wasn't feeling himself, but he didn't seem sick, just said he had a headache. He was laying on my lap and I noticed he felt a little warm so we decided to take his temp. The thermometer shot up to 102.3! I thought surely that couldn't be right since he didn't feel that hot. So we took it again with the same results. We still thought it was broken, but John's temp was 98.6. Well that changes things!
I had signed up to work Friday night in the concession stand at the football game and the kids would either help or hang out with friends. Then Saturday I had signed us up to help at the Angel Food Ministries in Fredericksburg, then I wanted to take them mini-golfing or something and just have a fun day out and about. Since Colten was sick and I had already committed to working, John canceled his trip and planned to take him to the doctor Friday (he didn't have the flu, thankfully, but got some antibiotics for his sore throat). Ashlyn & I worked the concession stand and the Angel Food Ministries without him. By Saturday afternoon, Colten's temp was back down and he was perfectly well Sunday. Weird.
No comments:
Post a Comment