Thursday, November 20, 2008

Lessons Learned

I knew it would happen, but I was assured by John & Colten that Colten could handle taking it to school and not breaking or losing it. He really wanted to show his friends the silicon wafer I brought home from work that I got a few years ago after working on my first project. So, I caved and let him take it. I put it in a sturdy folder with a magazine around it to cushion it and placed the folder between two books in his backpack. I told him to make sure he didn't throw the backpack around or sit on it or whatever else little boys do with their backpacks. He said he would be super careful with it. Alas, when it got home it was in pieces :( He didn't know when or how it happened, but felt extremely bad about it. So bad that he convinced John to glue it back together on a board before I got home so I wouldn't see it broken. I told him I was disappointed, but I couldn't be too angry after seeing him so upset, yet excited to show me how they glued it back together. I suppose I'll get over it... But he won't be bringing anything to school for awhile!

In other news, Ashlyn's basketball team won their first real game (the first was a practice game) against Miles in another out of town game. Their first home game will be this coming Monday & I'm looking forward to seeing them play finally!

Saturday, we'll be going to Abilene for the District 4-H food show. Ashlyn made sweet potato soup for this show, so we'll see how she does with that. Hopefully she doesn't have any disastrous spills this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment