Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Stock Show, etc, etc

Well, we got through the stock show and although it was a bit disappointing, we're glad it's over and we no longer have to remember to feed pigs. Ashlyn placed 5th with her pig (even though everyone that saw it thought it would at least win it's class) and Colten didn't place. They said they were fine with that and are ready to go again next year, with two pigs each, so I guess that's all that matters... they're still interested! Everything went off without a hitch (except for Colten getting an awful cough Sunday night - I'm sure it's related to the stock show), which was nice because we worried what Ashlyn's pig would do when we took Colten's pig out of the pen for the show. Every time we split them up for washing, clipping etc, Ashlyn's pig would go nuts and try to jump out of the pen... scary! Thankfully, that didn't happen when they showed, but Ashlyn's pig did pretty much just sprint everywhere when she showed it, which probably didn't help :)

Here are some pics from the show (click on the pic to see the album):
2009 Mason County Stock Show

Sunday, Ashlyn went with her friend Jayde to help sell desserts for Kids Against Cancer at a fund raiser for a family that lost the dad to cancer. We're told that Ashlyn was an awesome salesperson and got almost everyone to buy something. I can see that... she can be very persistent! I was glad that she got to help out and use her sometimes annoying "skill" for something good :)

Funny Colten-ism: On the way home from church Sunday (without Ashlyn - she was at the fund raiser) we were talking about Ashlyn and I mentioned that Colten was going to have a teen-age sister soon. He said he knew that, but wasn't worried, "I think she'll still be bright-hearted, not like goth or anything." How random!

Ashlyn had a home basketball game last night that I made the 2nd half for. I got to watch her play for a couple of minutes and she even stole the ball once, so I was happy. It was a pretty exciting game... the score was close most of the time and they won 24-21, or somewhere close to that anyway.

And here's a random album for your viewing pleasure. I got a new scanner for Christmas and scanned in a bunch of old pictures of the kids. Enjoy!

Fun with my new scanner


2 comments:

  1. My gosh how Ashlyn and Colton have grown...They are such good kids. We are so proud of them and their work with raising the pigs. They probably learned more than they think from their stock show participation. Also...you are going to show me how to do all of you fancy picture posts on your blog. I love all your pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Amanda! I hope they get something out of it :)
    For the pics, I use picasa (google's image editor/organizer). I just upload an album and it gives you links to post them on blogs/etc.

    ReplyDelete