We had a busy week before and Labor Day weekend. Since John is in the Doss VFD now, he was helping with the fish fry prep most days and we had to go to the Cub Scout Rally and the Cub Scout Roundtable meeting since we are now Cubmasters (there we found that we have a lot to do with selling popcorn, but really not sure what else we're in charge of - should be interesting). It was a pretty crazy week. Then, Saturday, Ashlyn went with her friend Jayde to sell drinks at the Apple Fest in Mason for Kids Against Cancer, John left early for the fish fry and I took Colten to his friend's house after lunch so I could go to the fish fry to help sell t-shirts and caps. Another crazy day! I was glad the kids had other people to hang out with b/c John & I were both so busy we didn't even get a chance to go through the line to eat! Luckily, we were able to snack on fish. It was amazing how many people come to the fish fry - I had never been there for the whole thing before, but people started showing about a little after 3 and they didn't start serving until 4:30! The line was pretty much always long and meandering through the parking area until 7:30 or 8. Thankfully it wasn't very hot that day :) We were all exhausted by the time we got home - then I had to go back and get John b/c old yeller wouldn't start for him. He ended up having to pick it up on a trailer to get it home. He's pretty bummed about that. Hopefully he can get it running again soon...
Sunday, we did pretty much nothing all day since we were all so tired from the day before and John wasn't feeling well - we were starting to worry he was getting pneumonia again, but he seems to be getting better now.
Monday, besides John getting the truck, we didn't do much either. We did have a couple of friends over that afternoon and were going to maybe do some target shooting, but I think John wasn't exactly up for it. We did have some yummy grilled fish (leftovers from the fish fry) and had a nice relaxing day.
No pictures to share this time... shocking, I know!
No comments:
Post a Comment