Thursday, September 24, 2009

Piggies!

I finally got around to taking pictures of the kids' stock show piggies that we got Monday. So far we have two barrows that we will be showing in Mason and Kerrville this year. We are supposed to be getting another one for Ashlyn to show, but I'm not sure when. We also have two extras that are waiting for their owners to have somewhere to put them. One of ours is really small, but apparently we're not supposed to underestimate him. Their names are Spaz and Spunky this year - we ran out of pork related names finally!




This past weekend was a busy one. John & I attended Cub Scout Leader training in Llano Saturday morning and the kids hung out with Omie & Opie A. We learned a lot - maybe too much - this job is a little overwhelming. But things are little more laid back in Mason than other places, so hopefully we can handle it. We managed to get enough den leaders together and are having our first meeting Monday finally. Wish us luck with this - we are totally winging it!!! They taught us to use "the thin edge of the wedge" to get people to help with small tasks... we decided that somehow we got the whole wedge at once! Yes.. SUCKERS!!!

Saturday evening, there was yet another birthday gathering for Jayde (the last one) that we all went to. We played horseshoes and washers and I now have a win in horseshoes to hold over Tim for awhile :) We also played a game of Apples to Apples where we finally got Colten to join in and he loved it! He was even the closest to winning for awhile, but I snuck up from behind and won in the end. Lots of fun!

John is having his headaches again. He got one on the way to Jayde's birthday party, but thankfully it went away. I think he's gotten one every day since... poor guy! Hope they don't go on much longer - these things totally drain him.

Colten Quote of the Day: (holding one of the kittens the other day when it was a little chilly) "Here Mommy, you wanna hold the kitten - it warms your body and it warms your heart." AWWWWWW!

No comments:

Post a Comment