There have been a couple of basketball games since my last post. Last week, the team they played had Ashlyn's twin on it, and they were guarding each other - can you tell them apart?
She did get to play twice in that game and was happy about that. This week Monday she didn't get to play during the regular game, but they played an extra quarter for those that didn't play during the game and she played the whole time during that. She did pretty good, but as point guard, we need to work on her passing ;)
We had Thanksgiving out at the ranch this year and had about 36 people over to eat lunch! It was fun and crazy and we had sooooo much food and even more desserts. Dad and John fried two turkeys and I baked my first Turkey ever, all of which were very tasty. Everybody brought side dishes and/or desserts and I almost couldn't find room for it all! We are truly a blessed family to have such a wonderful smorgasbord for our holiday meal. Thankfully, the weather was great and most people were able to eat outside.
Friday & Saturday were spent winding down after all the Thanksgiving hullabaloo, but we did manage to get our tree up Saturday - still need to work on the outside, but now it's tooooo cold :)
Sunday was an exciting day for me & Ashlyn. We met up with Mom, Rena, Oma Reeh, Carol, Lyla, Amanda, Savannah & Sydney to see the Nutcracker Ballet in San Antonio. It was the first time to see a ballet for a lot of us - Ashlyn had already seen the Nutcracker in Austin when she was at school in Georgetown. It was so beautiful - the music from the live symphony and the dancers were wonderful to experience. I felt like a little kid again watching it! Ashlyn got to see the trumpet players warming up before and kept wanting to go check it out.
Here's a pic of Ashlyn and I before the show started -
Unfortunately, we couldn't take pictures during the show, so that's all I have :(
I'm hoping to go get some Christmas shopping done on Friday, but the forecast calls for snow.... I'm torn - would LOVE for it to snow, but I really need to do some shopping before this weekend - THREE Christmas parties!!! Yikes!!! Either way, I'll be happy, though :)

No comments:
Post a Comment