John & the kids are off in College Station this week. John is taking fire school there and it's spring break for the kids, so they're staying with Rena. That leaves me home ALL by myself for a week, whoa! So far all has gone well and I'm hoping it stays that way. My plans for major cleaning on Sunday after they left were diverted, though, when John brought home a dog. He responded to a DVFD call that they needed help landing a chopper at the Doss Country Store and learned that one of our neighbors was flown to San Antonio from there. His wife had her dog with her and didn't know what to do with it, so he volunteered us to watch it for her. So Sat & Sun we had an indoor dog and it was kinda fun at first when we were all there to play with it, but then after John & the kids left, it followed me everywhere and barked at every noise (cars driving by for church, the heater coming on, dogs & cats outside, old house creaks...) and would only sleep if I sat on the couch with it. So I didn't get a whole lot done. I was definitely ready for the next sitter to pick her up that evening! Here's a picture of the kids playing with Stormy:

No comments:
Post a Comment