Hope everyone had a Happy Easter! Ours was busy as usual, with Mom and Dad bringing their camper over Friday night, a BBQ with friends and neighbors Saturday and Sunrise Service Sunday Morning. We had Easter lunch with Oma Reeh, Danny and Lyla, and Carol (missed seeing the other side of the family due to a misunderstanding) and then went driving around looking at bluebonnets. The wild flowers really made a showing this year so I had to get the quintessential spring Texas picture:
I had to bribe the kids with Sonic treats to get them to cooperate without too much complaining :) and they did finally give me a good picture!
We took a jeep ride to look at the bluebonnets, too. Here we are on Loeffler Ln:
Here's a link to more pictures from the weekend on Facebook.
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=199466&id=755340907&l=c5ea04f9a0.
I hope you can see them - I'm starting to run out of space on picasa (where I had been putting albums) and facebook doesn't have a limit.
This Thursday, I'll be going with Ashlyn to pick out her classes for high school next year... yes HIGH SCHOOL!!!! I'm freaking out a little bit about that!
--
On a more somber note, I want to ask a favor. My manager (the one who so generously lets me work remotely 4 out of 5 days of the week) has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. Fortunately, due to a bout with jaundice that it caused, it has been diagnosed in the early stages, giving him a much better chance of survival than usual. He's in his 40's and has two kids close to Colten's age. Please pray that his treatments go well and is able to recover completely from this. I appreciate it.

No comments:
Post a Comment