Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Warm Weather

The fishing derby was canceled at the last minute - Thursday night to be exact - which I wasn't too happy about, but at least we had decided not to camp and weren't all packed up already! I was glad we didn't camp anyway b/c some storms came through Friday night and that would not have been fun in a tent! Anyway, that left us with a very open weekend.

Sunday afternoon was very nice so I banned the kids outside all afternoon. I checked on them once to find the scene in the picture below:
Ashlyn was drawing/writing and Colten was reading - not that I'm complaining, I just thought it was funny :) Later on they played with the kittens and made a potion out of random things in the yard.

Monday night was the Spring Band Concert, which was also Ashlyn's last band concert as she decided to opt out of band next year. They really have improved a lot. It was a nice treat! This weekend they will be going to Fiesta Texas to compete and I'm sure play a little, too.

Here's a picture (I ran out of batteries before I could get any video) of Ashlyn playing her trumpet in the concert (below the standing girl's shoulder):




No comments:

Post a Comment