Sunday, August 1, 2010

The boys are back!

I know you're all dieing to hear about Colten's week at camp ;) so before I forget the details, here they are:

I worried for naught which I don't mind. He had a blast and only got a little homesick one time. He even got camper of the day one day. His activities were rocketry, recreational games, basketball, archery, riflery and ceramics. His favorite was rocketry where they assembled and painted a rocket during the week and then launched on Friday. He said his went in circles and then dive bombed, but thought that was cool :) He loved the food and snacks. He made several friends, but couldn't remember their names, lol. He said there were a few mean boys, but he avoided them. He learned lots of funny songs and some had different lyrics than what Ashlyn always sang - to make them better for boys, I guess. He said he danced with lots of girls at the dance - complete opposite of Ashlyn who ran to hide in the bathroom whenever a boy glanced her direction, ha! I gave him a disposable camera to take pictures with, but he didn't use the flash inside, so not many turned out, darnit. But he's ready to go back next year and is already talking about what his next rocket will look like.

John made it back Friday night and passed his EMT course despite having had a bout of food poisoning and missing half a day. Now he can save our lives if it's ever necessary, which we hope it isn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment