Sunday, August 15, 2010

Summer's almost gone...

Well, it's almost been to hot to do anything but hang out in the A/C or water somewhere. We just had a good weekend doing the latter. The kids went camping in Ingram with Omie & Opie A and swam and fished in a creek there while John & I went and floated the Llano River in Junction with the Harwell's and some friends of theirs who knew where to go (we weren't sure if it would be a good thing for the kids so we wanted to try it without them first). It was awesome with just enough rapids and slow places and not many other tubers and we even played on a rope swing a little bit. Man do I feel old after that though - my whole body is aching today! We are ready to go back though and take the kids. I think they'd have a blast, too.

Colten got the fishing bug after the camping trip and getting new maroon fishing pole from Omie & Opie and has been in little boy heaven digging through John's tackle box this afternoon and finding treasures that John is willing to give up and organizing his own little tackle box. He's already asking for a tackle box like John has from Santa this year.

Last week, we got Ashlyn signed up for high school and got the kids' school supplies together. It's going to be a busy year! It's hard to believe Ashlyn will be in high school already :( She's excited and scared about it, but I think she'll do well. We have her signed up for pre-AP classes so I think she's a little worried about that. I have confidence in her though. School starts on the 23rd and we have a open house this week Wednesday to meet Colten's teacher (he has the same teacher that Ashlyn had in the 4th grade) and we also get to have a table to sign up cub scouts. Should be an interesting evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment