John's birthday was last Friday and we had just planned to go out to eat in his honor, but John changed his mind and decided he wanted to barbecue instead. So we invited a few people over and celebrated. My plan to go shopping Saturday was postponed so I could cook & clean and get ready.
Anyway, the kids made a yellow cake (from a box, but it was a Paula Dean cake mix, so it was quite yummy) with chocolate frosting and sprinkles and decided it looked like a giant donut. Then Colten decided that's what he wants for his birthday cake, a giant donut, oh boy! John also requested a chocolate meringue pie from his mother and she was proud to show off her best meringue yet. And of course it was yummy, too. Here are the cakes, and sadly, the only pic I took during the barbecue:
Ashlyn is still busy with basketball. They had a game last night and I finally remembered my camera. She plays point guard and here she is dribbling in to start a play (number 12). They haven't won too many of their games, but she has definitely shown much improvement this year. I hope she sticks it out.
This week is finals for Ashlyn and she just had to take two this year because of her good grades and she also got to pick which two to take out of her core classes. She picked geometry and english which are both today. It's a crazy week because they only have to be at school for the finals they take, but still have to check in at 8:30am for attendance and she still has basketball practice. We've been having to find stuff for her to do so John doesn' t have to drive to towns 3 or 4 times a day. Craziness! Yesterday she helped out one of her friend's moms who is a teacher and then had basketball practice. We'll see what happens tomorrow. Then Friday she doesn't have to go at all, but Colten has a play at 8:30am so she'll still be there since we're all going to the play. I took Friday off so I can go shopping after the play, but Ashlyn then has a game in Burnet in the evening so I haven't figured out what all we'll be doing... ACK!
I should have most of the holidays off. Planning to take 1/2 days for the first 3 days next week and then be off through New Year. Things are busy at work so I might have to sneak off to a wifi hot spot to check on things occasionally, but that's better than working all the time :) (which unfortunately is still possible, but I hope not.......)
I'll try to post pics of Colten's play, but if I don't get to it, I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas & Happy New Year and hopefully we'll see around during the holidays!

No comments:
Post a Comment