Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Looong time

Almost forgot about the blog... sorry. Not too many interesting things going on lately. It's hot & dry and we keep getting passed by when it rains all around us. However, it has been a bit cooler lately at least. In case you were wondering, this is how dry it is:

This is what used to be the pond by the hunting cabin that was overflowing 2 years ago, I think. Oh and that's the Jeep and John and the kids at the bottom.

Here's what the bottom looks like

And here's what most of the landscape looks like these days, and no it's not really fall yet :(

School is going well for the kids, I think they're both having to get used to harder classes this year, so it's been fun :) Ashlyn didn't make the purple team again this year, but I think she'll get to play more and get better since she didn't.

Colten is in cub scouts again and we're still in charge yay, but it's our last year as cub scouts, next year will be boy scouts. If you want to buy some popcorn from Colten to support our pack (for yourself or for the military), let me know!

I hit a deer in my new car and finally got it back after over 3 weeks at the body shop. It was the first time I had been in a car where the airbag had gone off and I hope to never have to do that again... not fun! My car still has some issues that need to be fixed, but I'm glad to have it back.

We braved the crowds and went to Oktoberfest this past weekend. During the day we took the kids and met our friends the Wolf's there. And then later we went without the kids to enjoy some beers :) It was crazy how many people were in town, but I'm sure it wasn't much different than last year!

This weekend, John is going fishing with some friends from the fire dept and the kids and I will be enjoying homecoming and Cole's birthday in Austin without him. Should be fun. Hopefully he brings home some fish, there isn't enough water around here to go fishing anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment