Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Stuff

Quick update so there's not as much time between posts.

Mason had their homecoming last Friday and Ashlyn requested a mum for the first time, so we abliged. I don't think she liked wearing it much though and kept looking for excueses to take it off. We went to the homecoming game and I ended up wearing it, which wasn't fun with the crazy wind! They won the homecoming game 69-0 against Johnson City, by the way. I thought they should have called the game at half time when it was 55-0!

Here is Ashlyn with her mum:



We made the trip to Austin Saturday (and Ashlyn drove all the way to Liberty Hill in the rain!) for Cole's birthday and then did some shopping before heading home. We bought some new boots for Colten and when we got home, I realized that Ashlyn & Colten's feet are the same size!!!! Which is almost as big as my huge size 10's!!!! These kids are growing way too fast!



That reminds me, we got some rain, woooohooooo!!!!! 2.6 inches or so fell overnight Saturday. It was amazing! It hasn't greened up here yet, but places that got rain previously are greening up and so pretty! I hope it starts here soon!


We finally got piggies for the stockshow yesterday. John had gone to an auction a few weeks ago, but those piggies were like gold, too expensive! Thankfully we managed to find some that were reasonable. So now we have 3 new hogs in the barn - no names yet, but they've been pretty groggy from the trip so we haven't messed with them much yet. I'll post a pic when I get one.


Ashlyn took the PSAT today and ran in her first cross country meet. She wasn't excited about either, but survived both, so she was happy :)


This weekend we will be going to the Cub Scout Rocket Academy at Camp Sol Mayer. We won't be camping this year since there's still a burn ban, and one of the highlights of camping is the campfire. Besides that we have jobs at church Sunday morning so it wouldn't work out anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment