Thursday, December 4, 2008

Catch Up

With everything going on lately and me being off last week, I've gotten behind on here. So here's my attempt to catch up....


Ashlyn competed in the district food show on Nov 22 in Abilene and placed 6th with her Sweet Potato Soup. This time we were prepared if I wasn't able to help her get ready, but there was no kitchen nazi this time, only a nice boy that reminded us to be sure to clean up after ourselves. So things went much more smoothly. All the girls from Mason that went placed so we felt quite accomplished. In the mean time, Colten got to sleep over at a friends house and stay the whole day there since John had gone hunting with my dad. I don't have to tell you how excited he was about that!

Monday was Ashlyn's first home basketball game and we finally got to go see her play and so did Omie A and Rena... what a treat! She only got to play for a minute or so toward the end, but they won and we got to see her play so that was fun. She missed her game this past week, but there will be another home game on Dec 19, so I'm hoping to make it that one.

Tuesday, we spent the day putting up Christmas decorations - the kids love helping with that and I'm glad to have the help - of course I had to make sure they were patient and not picking on each other. Colten wanted to open every box right away and I had to keep a close eye on him! I realized as we put up our stockings that I had bought a kit last year to make a felt appliqué stocking for Colten (Ashlyn has one already) and had meant to work on it throughout the year so it would be ready for this Christmas... oops.... it was still in the package. So I started on it and I've actually made good progress on it. It'll at least be close to finished by Christmas!

Thanksgiving was busy with BBQ lunch at Oma Reeh's and fried turkey supper at mom's with the Ahrens family. I did a lot of work on Colten's stocking while chatting with everyone and the kids got to ride their bikes at Oma Reeh's house since it was so warm most of the day and
then they got to play the Wii with Blake at Omie A's house which Colten couldn't wait to do.

Amidst all the shock and sadness of the next few days, we had a wonderful visit from the Wolf's. They came for the day Saturday to pick up their half of the steer we butchered and little Cole was able to get us all laughing and acting goofy... good times!

Well that's all I can think of for the moment. I can't believe Christmas is just around the corner... I still have a lot of shopping to do!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment