I can hardly believe we're already well into May. This school year sure has flown! Ashlyn had reading and math TAKS tests last week and since there was TAKS testing going on, there were no baseball games. That made for a not so crazy week :) Colten was supposed to have a field trip to Longhorn Caverns last Friday, but it was canceled when they decided to not allow travel out of the district due to swine flu (which I think was silly to do, but I won't go into that). Ashlyn got to go with her friend to Fiesta Texas Saturday so she was super excited about that. They were able to go on lots of rides since there was hardly anyone there. Then Sunday, in preperation for his first Communion, Colten had his first confession. He was very nervous about it and was even tearing up a bit during church. I tried to tell him the priest was going to make it a good thing and he shouldn't be scared, but he wouldn't be consoled. However, after it was over, he agreed it wasn't as bad as he had feared, so now we're ready for Communion in just over a week.
So far this week, Colten had one baseball game and unfortunately it was their first loss. They played against the same team that they barely beat last time, so I think that team was determined to win this time! Colten did get a hit, but was out on 1st. They have another game tonight, so hopefully they are more determined this time around!
Here are some pics from Colten's baseball game:
No comments:
Post a Comment