Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Mason County Cancer Benefit

We had perfect weather for the relay this year, cool and cloudy most of the day and a little sunshine in the afternoon. It was an amazing day for the KAC kids... they placed 1st in participation (they won the most games), 2nd in overall money raised and 3rd for their tent decorations. Way to go kiddos!!! Of course we have to thank the team captains for getting the kids organized, but I think they all did awesome! My team didn't do as great, but we still had fun and I was just excited for the kids.

Here are some pics:

Mason County Cancer Benefit



In other news, Colten had another baseball game Friday night where he struck out three times - wasn't his night I guess, but it was the most exciting game. His team was losing the entire game - at one point 2-11, but they came back and the last batter made a home run to add two runs to their score and win 12-11. AMAZING!

We are also very thankful for all of the rain we've gotton... 3 inches Sunday night and Monday... the Beaver creek was flooded from the 5 inches of rain in Doss - it was a great site after it had been barely flowing. Thankfully we didn't get the worst of it, but my parents had some wind damage (mom has some pics here) and I learned that there was a confirmed tornado not two miles from the house we lived at in Georgetown, SCARY!!!!! The worst we had from this storm was an 8 hour power outage and no showers/coffee Monday morning. I'll take that.


No comments:

Post a Comment