Thursday, October 25, 2007

Dying Elephants

I know dead elephants are an Aggie senior-year thing, but I swear we have a dying elephant in the house on occasion. Or maybe it's just Ashlyn practicing playing the trumpet. Either way it gives me a headache :)
All kidding aside, it's neat to see her practicing (even though hearing it isn't all that fun, yet). She chose to be in band this year since the only other option for her was a health class and she heard that it was "soooooo hard!". We convinced her that she wanted to play the trumpet since Omie B. still had John's trumpet that he had played in school. It's still in good shape if you ignore the lady-in-a-swimsuit sticker on the side of it that we couldn't get off (her friends all giggled about that). Plus, John can help her practice since he still mostly remembers how to play it. It also didn't hurt that one of her good friends also plays the trumpet. I'm glad she's learning to play an instrument, though. I'll let you know when she can actually play a recognizable song. Who knows... she may surprise us and get really good at it! Until then, I'll have to listen to the squeaks and squawks and the "Stop that Ashlyn! I can't hear the TV!" complaints.

No comments:

Post a Comment