Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Something Old is Useful Again

John has been spending a lot of time lately getting an old livestock scale on the ranch back in working order. He doesn't remember it ever being used, and so he wasn't sure if even worked anymore. After tinkering with it for awhile to see if it would still weigh accurately, he decided to rebuild it. I decided to post a picture since this is a bit of history being rebuilt. I should have taken a picture before he worked on it, but it was basically just a cement frame in the ground grown over with weeds as far as I can remember. Now it weighs people accurately to within 1 or 2 pounds. Once the gates are installed, he'll be able to use it again for it's intended purpose, instead of it just sitting around rusting.

No comments:

Post a Comment