Monday, August 20, 2007

Cricket Invasion

John and I are about to go crazy. Every morning for the past couple of weeks, there have been at least 20 dead crickets in the kitchen. That's just the kitchen. They're dying all over the house. Fortunately, not too many of them make it upstairs. We try to get rid of them all, but it's a losing battle. I guess it's been a good year for crickets and the house must be the perfect spot for them to chirp their last note. And lose their legs (anyone know why cricket's legs fall off when they die?). Of course they're not all dead. We hear them chirping all the time, but they have good hiding spots behind appliances. Even Colten is getting tired of all the crickets and he used to love catching them. I guess the thrill of the hunt is gone. I think we'll all be glad when the invasion is over!

No comments:

Post a Comment