Friday, August 17, 2007

TS Erin

Crazy weather! Our rain gauge was full this morning, so we had at least 5 inches of rain since yesterday. Roseline's was full, too. Dr. Walton (the Dr. my mom works for) got washed of a bridge last night and had to be rescued. My dad couldn't make it past the banana bridge in Stonewall to get to work. Rena says that was the lamest tropical storm ever, but I guess it was only lame at the coast! I added some pictures of the water this morning. The first is the usually dry creek between the house and 87. The second is the Beaver Creek at the 87 bridge. You can usually see lots of grass and bushes and only a little water there. I suspect there will be lots of ranchers fixing water gaps today, if the rain stops long enough to let the water go down!!

On a side note, Ashlyn said she had a dream that she could talk to our dog, Cleo and that Cleo was in a rocking chair and Ashlyn was a giraffe. That puts a funny picture in my head. I guess she inherited getting strange dreams from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment