Friday, August 31, 2007

Poor John

We're packed and mostly ready to go to Port Aransas this evening to help Rena with her big move to Galveston. We're sad to miss the Doss Fish Fry Saturday, but I guess you can't make it to everything. The kids are excited about going to Rena's house, but I'm not sure how much fun stuff we'll be able to do. Hopefully she'll be mostly packed and ready to go and we can head out tomorrow morning before it starts to rain too much. Maybe once we get to Galveston, we can relax, because, as the title states, John is kinda stressed out today. He's been waiting for a concrete guy to pour a slab for the barn for weeks and, of course, he shows up yesterday and today and John wants to help him out. He also has to get our pig pen ready because the kids' pigs for the stockshow are getting picked up this weekend and we need a place to put them. And, the hunters are coming today and he needs to talk to them at some point. And to top it all off, the cows at Linda Finch's ranch (a neighbor's ranch that he takes care of) are out and he has to get them back in before we leave. This is all supposed to happen while he's getting everything ready for us to leave for the weekend and pack the truck up... yikes!!! Hope it all works out!!!!

On a lighter note, school has been going well so far and without too many complaints. Ashlyn started tennis lessons again on Thursday. Colten says he's ready for a sleepover after only two weeks of sleeping in his bed. I'm not quite sure about that, but by the time we have a chance to have a sleepover, maybe I'll change my mind. At least he's got incentive to stay in his bed, though!

I'll try to post on the status of the move at some point this weekend if I get a chance. Have a good long Labor Day Weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you all have a busy weekend, hope all goes well. Tell John, one day, one hour and sometimes one minute at a time, breathe in and breathe out. I know it's easy for me to say. Good luck with the move, be careful!! Hopefully you can have some fun time once yall get there and sort of unpack. I really enjoy reading your blog!!!!! lyla & danny

    ReplyDelete