Yesterday, John had a busy day taking the kids to doctor appointments. Ashlyn got her eyes checked and was very excited to get to try out contacts for the first time. She has to go back next week to make sure she's comfortable with them, but I think it won't be a problem. I'm just glad she has a Daddy that wears contacts and can show her what to do with them since I have issues sticking things in my eyes. Colten went to see the pediatrician about these headache episodes he's been having. We think it might be childhood migraines. They usually happen after he's been playing a video game on the computer. He'll come tell us he has a headache and lay down for awhile. Then he usually throws up and then sleeps for a couple of hours. After that, he's perfectly fine. This has only happened a few times and just started this past spring. The doctor wants him to go to a neurologist and get a cat scan to make sure the headaches aren't related to seizures. I guess it's better to be safe than sorry, but I really think it's migraines based on family history and the symptoms and causes I've read about. I guess we'll see. I hope we can find a way to prevent them.
Lately we've been really working at getting Colten to stay in his bed all night. So far, we've done pretty good, but last night we had a major breakthrough. At 3am I heard someone going to the bathroom and assumed it was Colten. I completely expected him to crawl in bed with us when he was done and was surprised when we didn't have a visitor. This morning he was still in his bed and I knew it was Colten that had gone to the bathroom since the lid was up and he didn't flush (telltale signs). I was very impressed. All hope is not lost!
Tonight we're going to the annual 4-H swim party where Ashlyn will get awards for the projects she participated in during the past year: swine, food & nutrition, livestock judging, and vet tech. I think she'll be excited and Colten will be jealous and determined to participate in more stuff next year (I hope, anyway!).
No comments:
Post a Comment